Palo Santo: What is it?
Meaning Holy Wood in Spanish, Palo Santo is a form of incense that is used for cleansing, purifying and restoring positive energy in stones and space. Originating from the coast of South America, Palo Santo is believed to be a deeply spiritual tree possessing a cleansing energy and healing properties similar to Sage and Cedar. But in actual fact, the Palo Santo is actually a Citrus tree, with its incense smoke giving off hints of mint, lemon and pine.
In regions of South America, the use of Palo Santo as a form of cleansing is an incredibly common sight. In Peru for example, shamans will burn Palo Santo sticks in rituals for cleansing, and in certain catholic churches, Palo Santo is used for cleansing in ceremonies as well. It goes without saying that the Palo Santo is a truly sacred and potent wood of cleansing.
Popularized for its presence in keeping energies clear, and warding off against negativities, Palo Santo has its practical uses as well. For one thing, its smoke creates a fresh minty aroma that has soothing properties acting as a natural insect repellent as well as a diffuser too. It’s main use however, is still in cleansing. It cleanses and purifies spaces and stones, bringing in positive energy while clearing and warding off negative energy as well. Igniting a Palo Santo stick and allowing the smoke to waft around a room or crystal/stone will allow it to clear off any unwanted energies or impurities.
How to use our Palo Santo sticks:
- Ignite one end of the incense stick and allow the flame to burn for 5 seconds
- Blow out the fire and allow the smoke to dissipate onto your bracelet for 1.5 minutes
- If you are looking to cleanse a space, or area of your house, move around the area holding on to the stick and allow the smoke to waft around the space.
- Rest the Palo Santo stick in a bowl after the cleansing and allow the embers to burn themselves out
Benefits of Palo Santo:
- Crystals & Space Cleansing
- Brings in Positive energy
- Calming and relaxing
- Clarity of mind
- Protection against negativity
The Palo Santo sticks are the perfect accompaniment to our bracelets. Cleansing and warding off any negative and unnecessary energies that the bracelets have absorbed over time. Thanks to its potent properties in cleansing and protection, its small wonder how it got its nickname: Holy Wood.